Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Ronald Reagan Thoughts.

I've gone off on a tangent thank you, NonDatingLife.

I met Ronald Reagan when I was 8 years old. My twin sister had won a National contest.

The night before we left for DC she got over excited and ran into a wall - giving her 2 black eyes.

When President Ronald Reagan met her (he was set to read her poem aloud on National News) he saw the disaster that this photo op would be (read" President Reagan reads poem by abused child) and backed out. Nancy Reagan said: "Awww...two black eyes for Christmas" and quickly scurried away.

I did get to eat jelly beans out of his Jelly Bean Jar in the Oval Office. I remember that, being terrified of him, eating brunch in the Congressional Dining hall with Vice President Bush and getting food poisoning, and that Nancy Reagan had a huge head.

No comments: