Tuesday, June 21, 2005

I guess mom was right when she said: "People always tell you who they are."

I recently went on a date where the guy - less than five minutes into the conversation told me he had "serious anger issues"

And you know what went through my mind? Not good ole' mom's advice. It was something along the lines of: "What he'd just say? Whatever. He's cute."

I hate that "He's Just Not That Into You" guy. But maybe I should listen to him. Do I really want a guy with "serious anger issues" who "often blows his top" to be into me?

How is this good date conversation? Good first date conversation of all things. Aren't you supposed to save your emotional baggage for when you move in with each other?

Emotional baggage is like a housewarming gift.

Here, honey. Remember how you thought I was all charming and successful and witty? The reality is I have serious anger issues. Let's go to Ikea.

1 comment:

Ray said...

Maybe it's a good thing that he was as honest as he was (?). I think maybe he recognized that some of his relationships ended because of his "anger issues" and decided it'd work to his benefit--and probably yours--if he was upfront about this problem.

So what I wanna know is: Was there a second date?