Saturday, April 27, 2013

I Missed It!

Yesterday I decided it was time to install the safety guard in the window of Clara's room.  I set Clara down by her toy storage across the room.  She happily cooed to herself while pulling out toy after toy.  

I became engrossed with installing the window guard correctly - measuring and remeasuring.  Drilling pilot holes and finally attaching it.  I was so caught up in finishing the job that I didn't turn around to look at Clara for a couple of minutes.  I could still hear her happy little voice and that was fine.

As I attached the final piece of the window guard I was startled to feel a tiny tug on my pants leg.  I looked down - and THERE WAS CLARA!!!!  Her tiny fist tugging on my pants.  She was smiling up at me - totally unaware of the fact that she had just crawled across eight feet of floor space for the FIRST TIME EVER!!!!!

Needless to state, I dropped what I was doing,  swept Clara up in my arms and carried her around in a victory dance.  We then called her dad on the phone to relate the news.

Clara seemed inordinately pleased with herself.  I get distinct impression that she was waiting for me to turn my back in order to try out her new moves and surprise her Mama.

Well, little girl...mission accomplished.

No comments: