Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Milestones



One thing I have learned being a mother, is that your baby will blindside you with milestones.  One day they're happy sitting on the floor - the next their pulling themselves up to standing, and you're left wondering "when did you teach yourself that?  I am with you all the time and I never saw this before."

At this morning's breakfast Clara suddenly insisted on feeding herself with a spoon. She grabbed it right out of my hand and put it in her mouth like a pro.  I guess she's been watching me feed her and finally decided it was time to try it out herself.  She also yelled at me whenever I pried it out of her fist to refill it.  She wasn't to clear on how to refill the spoon and watched me each time I dipped it into the bowl and handed it back.  Maybe she'll be doing that herself tomorrow.

Wow.

No comments: