Sunday, April 27, 2014

Conversations with Clara. Episode Two.

Last night after we finished dinner, Clara decided to climb up on one of the dining room chairs and sit down.

Clara: Baa baa sheep?

(This is Clara asking me to sing Baa Baa Black Sheep)

I thought I'd try something new since Clara is sometimes a little shy to sing with someone else.  So I started singing and paused at intervals to see what she would do.

Me: Baa baa black sheep. (intentional pause)

Clara: (looks at me for a beat) Have any woo.

Me: Yes sir. Yes sir.

Clara: (shorter pause) Three bag full.

Me: (waits)

Clara. (pause) Master. (pause) Dame.

Me: And one for the little girl who lives down the lane.

Clara: Baa baa black sheep.

Me: Have you any wool...yes sir, yes sir,

Clara and Me: Three bags full.

Needless to state, this was met by a rousing round of applause from me and Gerald.  Clara graciously joined in and clapped for herself.

Clara, milk and water in hand, about to slide.

No comments: