Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Bubble.

So two days ago, Clara decided it was time to try walking.  She toddled towards her Daddy in the hallway of our apartment while I was upstairs visiting the newborn twins of our neighbors.  I guess she didn't want a big audience.  But she happily gave an encore of her solo toddling when I came back downstairs.  She was exactly one year and one week old.

As if that wasn't enough, the following day Clara decided to take her first word out for a spin.  She crawled into the bathroom, pulled up on this little storage unit we have, picked up the bubbles that I have been entertaining her with at bath time, handed them to me and said:  "Bubble."

This time it was Gerald who wasn't home for the amazing event.  Clearly, Clara is relishing divvying out her milestones to her amazed parents.

The old saying: "They grow up so fast." has taken on new meaning this week.

No comments: